TBU News and Updates
News and Updates related to TBU and TBU Servers
Another week, and a relatively small update due to KSH being busy on new netcode and planets. This week brings a few bug fixes and a new scenario editor.
– Space Race multiplayer scenario
– Scenario editor
– Option to disable Eye adaptation (graphics options)
– Option to disable spawn ships (map settings)
– fixed Space Engineers not working on primary monitor on DX11
– fixed sounds cracking
– fixed weird shadows in MSAA
– fixed helmet lights not working on MSAA
– fixed weird shadows on DX 11
– more github community updates will be added next week
– fixed crash when copy pasting
– fixed modded materials for voxels not rendering in DX 11
– fixed scenario publishing to workshop
Been a busy few days with the other servers going down. We are still working on bringing them back up. We are currently testing the Build server on a different host. If everything checks out the GMod servers will be hosted by the same company we run the VPS and Minecraft servers through. Will post more on this tomorrow.
As for the SE server, it has now been updated.
– improved ship navigation
– added the erasing functionality to terrain auto level voxel hand
– example workshop worlds with docking procedures:
– fixed character moves uncontrollably while in jet-pack (aka death when exiting cockpit)
– fixed autopilot overriding overridden thrusters
– fixed “No Share” prevents faction members from reading text when faction read/write enabled
– fixed beacon light visible when it should not be
– fixed asteroid invisible during pasting
– fixed character has wrong light when turning lights on helmet
Community updates (github contributions)
– added 2 decimal places to Oxygen Tank capacity (by Geneticus)
– introduced a base class for programmable block programs (by LordDevious)
– added modapi laserantenna interface (by mexmer)
– fixed check for DX11 support (by mexmer)
– fixed single and multiline textboxes (by LordDevious)
– fixed helmet toggle notifications not being overwritten (by THDigi)
– laser antenna LoS requirement is checked at all LoS checks (by Phoenix84)
– terminalproperty bool value (by mexmer)
– add projector only show can build (by yajiedesign)
– fixed memory leaks (by RossM)
Many thanks to all github contributors and modders!
– fixed crash when ship collides with the platform
– fixed crash in GPS terminal screen
– DX11 fix (by mexmer)
We are deeply sorry to inform you that during today’s server maintenance a raid array issue occurred.
This resulted in full data-loss on this node, we have actively been working on data restoration been unable to retrieve anyting from the drive so far.
Currently we are close to having the machine alongside the IPs back online, however with a fresh raid array installed.
Your service will be re-created but unfortunately be a fresh install as the local backups were lost as well.
Due to this major impact of this issue we have added 7 days of additional service time to your service.
We are sincerely sorry about this inconvenience and are trying have done our utmost to retrieve any possible fails, unfortunately to no avail.
We do hope that you haven’t lost trust in us and we will of course assist you with setting up your server where possible.
So basically all the data on both servers is gone. Several years worth of files and such. The only up side is that I do have a database backup of the PostNukeRP server from 5/18/2015 so not all the player data from it is lost.
What does this mean?
It means the servers will be down for a few days as I try and reconfigure everything. I will have to upload all the extra content back to the server, and will have to get PNRP development version to a stable state to uplaod.
The build server will probably be back up first however.
I may also look at changing hosts, I am not sure yet. It is rather disappointing that they do not have any backups of their servers.
So until further notice, both servers will be down.
Over the past few weeks I have been updating and patching PostNukeRP. For more info and patch notes you can check out the RC site, or the PNRP site.
The PNRP server is also running the latest version of wire and the Adv Pod Controller is set to use the fuel system. I have also opened up AdvDupe and AdvDupe to guest. If this is not abused it will stay set to Guest.
This week in Space Engineers we get DX11, some new models, and Station Rotation. DX11 is the first of some of the major things they have been working on for Space Engineers. The lighting still needs alot of work, and there are of course some glitches. The advantage is that you can still run DX9 if you want. The other down side to DX11 is that Workshop mods that use custom models will need to update them to work with DX11. So for now, if you are connecting to the TBU server you might want to keep using DX9. It will still work, but the custom models will look black and will still function.
The other big change is the new ability to rotate station blocks. You can now enter “Rotation” mode by pressing B. Many theorize that this is one of the first steps to allow building on planets.
– DirectX 11 renderer
– station rotation
– reworked models and textures: Beacon, Gyroscope, Warhead, Projector, Spotlight
– fixed character shaking during cluster reorder
– fixed setting ragdoll world matrix
– fixed client dying for no apparent reason
– Added Height Offset for Suspension Wheels – THDigi
– Attach GameLogic to Blocks multiple times – Tyrsis
– Create asteroid from prefab voxel definition midspace
– Floating item quantity display update – rexxar-tc
– Fix assembler issues – RossM
– Allow modding the Laser Antenna’s line-of-sight requirements – RossM
– Shorthand numbers for ScreenDialogAmount control – UberMouse
DX11 modding guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450823575
DX11 texture converter is available for modders at SpaceEngineersModSDK\Tools\Space texture converter\
– fixed crash when turret was shooting
– fixed DS crash when trying to set world name to empty string
– fixed camera behind character’s neck in the cockpit
– fixed thumbnails
– fixed support checking
– added method for composite game logic to get specific logic component (some mods were crashing)
This week we get Autopilot and a group of bug fixes. This is the first week that we receive community patches. This should help boost the bug fixing within the game.
We also have a neat system, Autopilots. Pretty fun so far.
– Ship waypoints (auto-pilot)
– GPS sorting by name
– fixed memory leak while mining
– fixed assembler not disassembling full oxygen bottles (community fix: Vxsote)
– fixed projector duplicating items (community fix: Vxsote)
– fixed airtight hangar door looping sound (community fix: Eikester)
– fixed sensor max range missing (community fix: KionX)
– fixed projector state incorrectly shown in terminal (community fix: MMaster)
– fixed button markers not hiding when the character looks away from the button
– fixed missing bullet impacts on metal
– fixed rifle not returning Weapon in IMyGunBaseUser
– fixed issue with pasting by using just CTRL
– fixed sorter blocks filters scrap metal as ingots and ore
– fixed camera issue inside character’s body in tight places
– fixed infinite limbs on character model
– fixed issue with blueprints not showing on the screen when script was used
– fixed issue with clearing the control panel search
– fixed mount points on sound block
Special thanks to all github contributors!
Update 01.83.009 :
– fixed crash in MyGridGyroSystem GetAngularVelocity
– fixed autopilot is not turned off when deleting remote control
– fixed crash on connecting to the server with disabled spectator
– fixed crash in lobby chat update