Links to other rule pages:
TBU Clan Rules and Membership
All are welcome to join us as long as you are helpful and useful in your words and actions.
You must be mature enough to handle the game and people. You must be friendly!
Be respectful to others, and authority.
We are a small community and that’s the way it will be, and we’ll be able to do without the idiots, jerks, and most of all, griefers.
Never bribe, threaten, or impersonate anyone on staff or our members.
All admins must abide by the rules at all times, no griefing… you know what I mean. Punish the one that needs it. Or you will lose it for good.
To become a member, you must be on any one of our servers for long enough that you gain our trust, and understand the rules!
Members can recommend you, but it’s mainly the trust of admins.
Never release private, or sensitive data on anyone, or anything. Even if you have permission from said player.
Never pester people about their personal information. If they want you to know, that’s their choice, not yours.
That’s about it. But be warned! If you betray it, you’re gone for good.
General Server Rules:
1. Don’t mess with other players — no harassment or trolling.
2. Don’t spam, ever, including with your mic, or by any other means. You will be kicked or banned.
3. Use of cheats or exploits (using bugs to your advantage, or scripting) won’t be tolerated.
4. Listen to all admins, period.
5. No griefing, minging, or RDMing. Killing for a reason is allowed. Abuse of this is a ban. See RDM definition below.
6. If you ask to be an admin you can be kicked on sight.
7. When you ask to become a member ask once.
8. All TBU members must follow the rules and help others when you can.
9. Have fun and please let others have fun too.
10. Cussing is allowed, but don’t push it!
11. Any hatred of race, sex, or sexuality used openly within this community will not be tolerated.
12. For parents. This server is for adults. Anything can happen here. You’ve been warned.
13. Never impersonate an Admin, Owner, Member or Moderator. You can be banned for this.
14. Never retaliate against a server, or player. No matter what they have done.
15. No downloaded contraptions. Admin discretion on what is allowed.
16. No pornographic, nude, or offensive sprays, decals, or logos.
17. Never advertise on our servers. EVER!
Definitions & Terminology:
RDM = Random deathmatch. Killing another player without any reason or validation.
Minge = Term used in Garry’s Mod to describe players who ruin other players’ work. Equivalent to a griefer.
Griefing = Ruining other players’ work by destructive behavior or other means.
PK = Player Killer. A player who kills other players.
PVP = Player Versus Player combat, usually deadly.
PVE = Player Versus Environment, surviving what the game throws at them.
OOC = Out of character. This is a roleplay term describing someone who is talking while not roleplaying, or while not in character. Being in-character is pretending to BE your character while you are playing.
If you want to let your friends know about us. That’s nice and all.
Please tell people about us, but only if the servers, sites, and forums that you visit allow it.
Why is this a problem? It can hurt other servers. Don’t go on other servers advertising about us, it’s not fair to them, or the other way around.
Don’t come on our servers doing the same. We pay for this. On top of that, it’s a lot of work and time for us. So telling people about other servers on ours takes our player base from us. Do you really think that’s fair? No, it’s not. That’s why it’s a rule. If you advertise on our website, servers, or forums “YOU WILL BE BANNED!”
DON’T BITCH, WHINE, OR MOAN about the servers! Cause we don’t care. It’s free to you, and nobody is forcing you to be here!
If any rules stated above are broken, it can mean an immediate ban and/or kick from the server.
We will, and do have the right to, ban any one we want, at any time from our servers if we see fit.
By entering any of our servers, you accept this agreement and our terms. Even if you haven’t read them.
You have been warned!