PostNukeRP: Inventory Update Part 1 and Server Move
The server has been moved from the old host (Fragnet) to our current host that runs our VPS (NFOServers). We have already moved our Build Server there and it seems to be much more stable.
New Address: postnukerp.net:27015
If any of you connected using the domain before, you it will automatically redirect you to the new server.
What Happened to the old server?
The host of our old server had a 100% data loss on the entire node and does not do proper backups. Raid is not a backup by the way.
Once this happened I tested out NFO’s GMod servers and they seem to be more powerful, and cheaper. So we moved.
What happened to the old data?
Thankfully I had a backup from May 18, so its not a total loss. I have had to go in and rework many of the config settings, so there may be some tweeking left to do. I have also created a new Workshop Collection.
Workshop Collection: PostNukeRP Server
It should have all the addons needed for the server, not counting wire (You will need to get wire). I have also added the HL2 Cars addon since we will be opening up vehicles soon. Will get more into that later.
PostNukeRP: Inventory Update Part 1
This is the first and probably the largest part to the new Persistent Item System, and I just realized the acronym as I typed this.
This means some items such as miners and power generators have a persistent state in inventory. When you pick up a damaged persistent item, it will stay damaged. Fuel in generators is not persistent as well, so you no longer have to worry about loosing fuel.
I have also included several bug fixes as well.
Report Bugs at Dev Forum or PostNukeRP Steam Group
There will be bugs, there are probably new ones with all the updates done to the code. Please report any bugs you find. At this point I don’t really care how you get the bug report to me, just need them. The PostNukeRP Steam Group is another good place to report bugs, its free to join on Steam, and there is a bug report section.
- New Persistent Inventory system added
- Fixed duplication of itembase table
- Moved more itembase functions to shared
- Fixed Community Lockers ownership issues
- Fixed Car weight with vendors
- Vehicle capacity added to item base files
- Vehicles now have inventory weight in containers
- Inventory/Shop now shows Capacity on items with a Capacity setting
- Added Fists as default weapons
- Removed Knife as default weapon
- Added skill Strength (Affects Melee weapons)
- Added Knife as craft-able from workbench
- Knife now affected by Strength Skill
- Lowered overall knife damage
- Merged Keys and Hands into one “weapon”
- Fixed display item deleting if item was not sold
- Changed color scheme of inventory windows
- Added new texture to side menu
- Added side menu to profile window
- Cleaned up commented out code
- Removed F2 Block from damaged items that are now persistent
- Both miners and all three power generators added to persistent item system
- Gas, nuke, and fusion power supplies now save their fuel when stored
- Storage locations now show the items HP and Fuel
- Solar Panels now affected by rad storms
- Fixed bug with player inventory not showing the correct max carry weight
- Fixed bug with shotgun reloading (Animation still buggy)
- Fixed Wasteland Radar
- Radar now has to be able to see the skybox to work
- Solar Panel now has to see the skybox to work
May have been a few things I have mist in the list, but thats pretty much it.
ADHD Version: Eldar Moved the server and added some inventory goodies.