Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Elder Scrolls Online? Yup
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:41 pm 

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... announced/

Post subject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online? Yup
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:33 pm 

Wow. I Can't wait for a MMO Elder Scrolls!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:59 am 

Honestly i can. I think it has a good chance to be not so good. I will most likely buy it either way unless its a paid subscription based one which i doubt.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:44 pm 

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... -released/

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:03 am 
TBU Owner

The fact that there are three factions should be interesting. But if it is subscription based, I will not be playing. I also foretell that if it runs on subscriptions, then it will end up like Facebook and Google+, where everyone just stays on WoW and then TESO ends up vacant.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:34 pm 
TBU Owner

Free to Play MMO's have thier own drawback, especially when there is pvp. If not done correctly, people with money will easily over power people without depending on how they do things like Item Malls.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:50 pm 

No im 90% sure you will need to buy it, not going to be free but i dont think they will do monthly based subscription so it will be more like guild wars with the 1 time buy.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:06 am 

I wouldn't get it if it was a subscription. Too much money

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:15 pm 
TBU Owner

Honestly, despite having the Elder Scrolls name, I don't think it will have anything that makes Elder Scrolls fun. The lore is good, don't get me wrong, but that's not the focus of the game, it never was.

Think about any MMO you've played where the npcs try to tell you that you're the "only one that can save them". Then imagine Scruffy McBallsack walking up to the same npcs, who says the same thing to him. While some games have skirted around this somewhat (SWTOR, for example), it takes a lot of money, a lot of time, and, honestly, just isn't worth it. If they made it like UO, as in you're a random denizen of the Elder Scrolls world, it might work, but that takes away some of the magic, and it could NOT be instanced in any way. The feeling of isolation during exploration in Elder Scrolls is a very important part, and unless that exploration is maintained, and maintained well enough where areas don't get crowded. Lots of places to explore, EXTREMELY large map, ect.

I think the most important themes for Elder Scrolls are the isolation, the right-man-in-the-right-place, and the vast environments to play in. While the third could be fairly easy to get right, the first two just don't seem like they'd work, to be entirely honest. The idea has always been that you're a hero in some way, and you have the freedom to just explore and loot instead of questing. Quests easily get boring, sometimes, I just want to see what I can find. With Elder Scrolls, that's all I do. I don't do questlines, at least anything long.

The best choice, in my opinion, is to just give one of the games co-op, and design the whole game with that in mind. 2-4 player co-op would maintain that feeling of isolation, except you'd be with a tight-knit group of adventurers. The right-people-at-the-right-place. You still have plenty of exploration that can be done. Nothing will be crowded, it'd be just like the single player game, in that regard, and the map size could be the same as usual (which has always been fairly large). Co-op is the best choice, in my opinion, and will maintain the mood and themes of the series.

An MMO just isn't going to have the same charms. Lastly, what makes the Elder Scrolls game last for you? Or, more recently, what has made them tolerable? You can't mod an MMO, and it just won't be an Elder Scrolls game because of that. XD

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:40 pm 
TBU Retired Owner

They can't be any more off, than if they dived in head first in the shallow end of the pool.
The whole point of the multiplayer aspect is to go in with a close friend, or at least some you trust. To have fun.

This.... This just seems really stupid. :D
Mp in this game should have kinda of a diablo kinda feel to it. Well that's what I always thought having mp in the elder scrolls games would be like.
That would be fun. Just limit the amount of players. To four, double the exp, and gold. Then split the money, and exp. Real simple. This just seems like over kill.

I'm not really excited in the least. Actually I'm more disappointed. The last game really burned me out of the elder scrolls mythoths.
There was almost no feeling that I was in the world. Almost like I was lied to in the skyrim game. No I didn't get into the hype.

But still the game was just nothing more to me than playing a offline mmo. Go fetch this. Go kill this guy. I felt like a glorified pest control. Killing zombies, rats, wolfs.
So really I'm more of a meh on this. If it's good enough that some of you guys talk me in to getting it I will, but other than that. Never unless on sale and free to play. I'm gonna pass on this one.

Also I would wait a solid month after it's release. If there games are buggy as hell with a none mmo. I don't even want to know what it will be like when it goes online! :lol:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next