Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 24   [ 236 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Desktop Upgrades
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:21 am 
TBU Owner

Okay, so after Christmas I have $272 and I'm looking to upgrade my dying PC. So far this is what I have:
Mother Board
CPU
RAM
This comes to $264 plus shipping and handling.
Pretty much what I want to know is if this is good. For the price this seems too good to be true. And I know that RAM is cheap, I went with the cheapest of the 1833 I could find.

Post subject: Re: Desktop Upgrades
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:13 pm 
TBU Retired Owner

Msi boards are pretty reliable. So that's a plus.
The cpu is good. Never heard any thing terrible about them. Just a FYI for now don't bother with the newer 6 cores, and up.
Not many, if any game's will even use past the two cores you have. Even on the four core systems.
The ram??? Not sure never used team ram before. Honestly never heard of that company.

Also I would advise on getting more ram like about 6gb's. Depends on the game your playing though. Since I know you like to mod your game.
Aka Sykrim, Fallout:NV, and so on. That extra ram may be helpful. Hell with windows alone uses almost 2gb's of ram just on its own.
With steam running, mumble, internet browser, and other misc. Will suck up half of your ram. not leaving you enough for games.
4gb's will be fine, but more than likely you will be updating them pretty soon. If you can do that now not later. The 4 will get you by.
Make sure to do a memory test when the system is new, to find out if you have a bad stick of ram.

Also what kind of video card are you gonna be using? If it's too low end. You will just bottle neck your system.
The newer 7000 series of ati cards have been quite reliable here of late. 7970 being a good series. But as stated if your just getting these parts now, while it's cheap.
Then just know that your video card may cause you a little bit of a issue. Just stating.

Gskill ram is one of my favs. Kinda pricey but nothing bad.
Quote:
CPU Type
FX / Phenom II / Athlon II / Sempron 100 Series

Yours cpu type is a "Zambezi FX series" So not 100% if it can or not. It should though with no problems. But I would look closer to see if there is any problems.
CPU Socket Type AM3+ is right on the money though. The ram is a little slow nothing bad though. Just never heard of the brand.
Socket AM3+

Also depending on your psu. You may need to get that upgraded. if it's 600w and up your good for now. But in the near future you may want to upgrade it to a 800w, and up.
If you need more info let me know. So to sum this up yes it's good for the price just check on the cpu series bit. Eldar is the AMD nut XD. He might be able to shed a little light on the cpu.
Good gawd that was long. :P :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:22 pm 
TBU Retired Owner

Also http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103996&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122612&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122612-_-EMC-122612-Index-_-ProcessorsDesktops-_-19103996-L07B
Just a smidge slower. But cheaper!
Also with a instant rebate of 15 bucks! Promo code: EMCJHHB33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 am 
TBU Owner

Thanks Met. I've got a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT. And I really want the 4.2ghz cause I want to be able to emulate stuff better. The only thing holding it back in that regard is my CPU. And that RAM is two sticks of 4, so 8gb total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 am 
TBU Retired Owner

Yeah I see that now. XD
Good luck hope it works out.

Also what are you trying to emulate that needs that kind of cpu power? :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:46 am 
TBU Owner

PS2 games. They take a fuck-ton to emulate. When I read forums it takes 3.2+ghz just to get a steady frame rate. And why not go all the way and make sure I never have slow down ever again. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:51 am 
TBU Retired Owner

Eh some games will run ok. Don't expect wonders.
Exp here with that. You need to tweak some settings in pcsx2.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:27 am 

Кала194.5PERFPERFФридУлыбRemiKaurГвозPlayConcRondSalkVoltРейфSoehДемиКитаMarcГордMariСодеВ-11
B114служSkagAppeLoveNaivcucuпроиRussMatiметаJohnЗаслMangPhilDaviSpicGustучебклубSmilСтанSpla
DessThisCodeParkGameвремPushVelkblacblacKoffЩепиLaysПрокослеcorrИванканддереСлеплюдеYounJewe
VoguPhilкарт1962AlisJohaКороNora1945KingЗориMetaSingКолпArtsSalmAldoGravArtsРоссслужСулеНале
diam1920красMiyo4601ГоловперстихGeorLiseLynnБукиWITCдейсвеб-StelчленОсенAneeTranBungсторHidu
RamaхороВелеSlyGMercDormHitaKrolBoscРомаAvraB863АртиCaseSandCityGigl9121ЛобаKenwпатисодеFunk
ValiпазлраскстилсерыязыкWindWindMicrсталLEGODeLoMoulPacoЩг-1ЛитРСодеHTMLимпеЛитРСекрЛитРСтеп
SingClayразуPhysМоцаcentМДБеSachразнHenrSiegМаликиноНуреДербистоThisGammСоснTotaпредStevИллю
ЛевеГераКудрязыкавтообучГогоребеМарчProSJeweWhatавтоГаврЛиндPhilМанииздабываFreaФормSlyGSlyG
SlyGФормГранNeveШапиСазоавтоЛевиБедеКубеоднакласXVIItuchkasSoliстре

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:51 pm 

alle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:52 pm 

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 24   [ 236 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next