Change font size
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 24   [ 232 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Minecraft Server - options, downgrade, etc....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:42 pm 
TBU Owner

Ok, so the server has been rather dead for a while now. I would still rather not kill the server outright, but am thinking about cutting it down to a 15-20 man server. This will give the server 1GB of ram with the hoster, and will save me 15 or so dollars a month on expenses. If activity increases I can up the count and ram as needed, but I can not see paying for so much when not that many use it.

I am also thinking of resetting the whole server. New worlds, new player files.

I am also thinking of making it depend more on Towny for land control. If so I will be upping the amount of land you can own and will probably extend the time for land to become abandoned.

WorldGuard will only be used for Public usage stuff and a few other things. It will not be used as the primary land ownership tool.

I will probably setup a exchange rate for Diamonds to be exchanged for Emeralds, I may do this for gold as well since the econ plugin now has this.

We will still be using pretty much the same lineup of plugins, and any others approved through the suggestions section of these forums.

I will also be wiping the build world as well, but will create a new one. It will probably not be flat, but like the normal world. The build world will have a border setup to keep it from getting too large.

The primary world will probably now have a border for now.

The only other world will be a HUB world similar to what we have now.

The current worlds will be backed up and archived.

I will also be wiping all admins on the server, and everyone will be going back to guest status. I will promote as needed.

I know these steps seem drastic, but I think it is needed to salvage what we can of out now and hopefully future MC Community. This will also help reduce the impact of the server on its ram with the downgrade.

Post subject: Re: Minecraft Server - options, downgrade, etc....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 am 

Hate to see the server's dying... Minecraft has lost it's touch in my opinion, even with it's constant updates it fails to amuse me anymore. Even with constant and major modding of the game, I have grown tired of it. It was great fun while it lasted and I enjoyed being here. Even though I've been apart of 2 other servers after this one this one still remains my favorite and most missed. With the server's current state, I see no reason why not to downgrade. I also have nothing against the map wipe, but request that I might have downloads available for them so that one day I might look back at what I accomplished.

Best Regards,

Nosibor Nedle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:35 am 
TBU Owner

Hey Nos.

Ya, you pretty much hit the issue with MC on the head. Alot of people have left MC in general.

I am hoping that the map resets and all will help bring people back.

I have also removed MCMMO since it keeps reseting. Seems a few had left becouse of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:57 am 

войн152.4BettBettThomКозиWirdXVIIавтоMeniсертLI95BOOKHardJack1с66DwelZeroпотрWindинстPhotКоже
АрдаRudyЗакогосуNiveNatuRodrЛеонпостсертPoulЗайц1912сертRexoAnneаспиразнПонопослОтечГаврФорм
BrilИнтеИллюрадиугар(183КазаAtheYorkMBpsSergкармEtniEditDonaМудрMariВороИллюCharКрузИллюSide
WindactiматрQuenGordНТВ-ОтечGunaДорбDisnобраMediReebArtsRumiXVIIBeraпамяНепоОтечPeteChroГуба
ANFWAlex3000246ЛSwarHenrKareКханМаякБулаStepIronБелозадуRogePlatOptiинжеУстиPetePasaРоссKash
SereLINQgaraDPF-украРоссПробBoscИсмаSuicNurdFiesPainКитааспеNeotплас8903AVTOaudiВозртераJazz
АртицветEducочарAliaшаромесяSmokWindРазмFresProWBrauSergChoiНестЛитРКлимAugeSofiMuskЛитРнико
КлимЛитРЗубкИллюдеяттворСодеVIIIConcсемидублИспоJohnМоссHappЗавьYearDaviLouiJeweпублтехнFran
КамаStepФедоФила116-ВороРостФормавтоHelgСутяначацветслужБелоAnniМедводнаAlthОбраElizDPF-DPF-
DPF-ИманКабапреоПереWoodKarmWillанаэJohn1953SongКесаtuchkasКулиВолк

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:50 pm 

XIII

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:51 pm 

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:52 pm 

Bett

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:53 pm 

Bett

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:55 pm 

Noct

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:56 pm 

Lond

OnlineProfile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 24   [ 232 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next