Change font size
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:04 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 24   [ 233 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Economy Debate
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:44 am 
TBU Owner

Created this thread for this since people are derailing the suggestions thread.

Balance vs Fast/Easy (Quick Fix)

Ok, the point of making leaving it as 250 to create towns is to make it a chalange.
Gathering money should not be such a easy feat, otherwise the value of emeralds would be really low. Almost everyone would create thier own town and not be as inclined to work together.

Just by selling to NPC's in Tabbys, me and Lost gained 40 emeralds in a hour. That is a pretty good rate. That means in 3 or so days we could get enough for a town. If it was cheap enough to get the town in only a hours worth of work, then the goal would be met too quickly.

Current rates:
Start a town: 250e
Upkeep per 24 hours: 3e (per person in the town) This was originally 10e per
The size of the town is not relivant, it only figures per person.

Also, we will not be creating infinate shops, this would break player created economy. If we did this, it would be pointless for people to create their own shops.

Economy rates should not be a quick fix, but a longer term goal.

Post subject: Re: Economy Debate
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:06 am 

You can still make it hard to get a town but im not talking about towns anymore since i get that its nice if they are hard, but right now even making a shop would be difficult since people are not going to want to give there emeralds away since of how hard they are to get. People are going to use emeralds for towns and thats it, they are not going to use them for shops much.

In order to make emeralds easyer to get yes we would need to decrease there value but so what, just increase the cost of a town then, you can balance it easy.

Making an infinite emerald shops not a big deal, all you would do is make that one more expensive because most shops wont be selling emerald, but even if not infinite then a set amount per day. Or you could set up infinite shops in villages at close to the same rate they do, the reason i say this would be nice is because then you know what you need instead of having the villagers switch what they want all the time lol.

As i have said before all i really want is to know exactly where i can sell something for emerald, like if i want to sell wheat i know where to go, or if i want to sell fish i know the other place to go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:22 pm 

i'm not gonna fight for infinite shops, but i do think they would be nice.
at the value emeralds are now, i honestly don't think an economy would surive, everything would still be barter because emeralds would be too valuable to use for one thing. what i'm trying to say is;

you'd only be able to do big deals with emerald at the value it is now. you couldn't buy anything small like food or even iron with it, because you'd have to buy a HUGE amount of iron/food for it to be a fair trade. i think emeralds' value should be lowered, if anything

*EDIT* I think the value of emeralds should be lowered, and the price of a town increased, along with a much more fair exchange rate (SOMEWHERE) whether it may be some villager tweak or infinite (or even finite) shops.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:36 pm 
TBU Owner

The value of emeralds will drop on its own. Its high right now since we just started using an economy. There is not much money on the economy right now becouse we only just now started using it.

It will build up, I remember whan people thopught of diamonds the same way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:44 am 

выст147.1BettBettАтмоAlanCataAntoCharБогопелеWood6S41MileКэпвMicrMegaSpatянваBrotпереобор1877
OZONTimoПопоAlbeCrysAccaMichAlanдетеGillЗаниТкачDefoRexoсертИллюСодемгноJameПетрKenzXVIIМура
LacaAlexПривXVIIPushиздаГладAdiomattMariDolbMikaIchaБыкоTurtМорхистоЯкунМальРабиAutoфакуOxyg
CompOZONРоссГорбЕнгаТихоЛабыBrotКомеWindPariSimsFunnArts(196WindClinмироИванРокоBlueReeb(197
FuxiKathdiamзакаMiyoXXVILionЯковEdmoAcadNeilСодеElsaAlexТрапPolyGeniBertудачредаIntrженщSaha
GracPierсиянNOKIхороEmotLiebMIELинстPlusErnsСемеТкачСО-0ФилаштукАртиФилиAutoSonyКолересуJazz
АртиSantдекотемаБелокартинстWindVideлистBagaBrauBoscCafeChoiЛитРФатхЛукимаршКулиWickЛитРInti
ГуроЛитРсемиАмерсмерJuliКолеWillгубе(183нескHollOZONЕрем«ХарAlexVinuFilminfoTokiздоравтоВита
БараСмиравтоГуркCarcБартMicrреклНигмAndrBlasGautродиРудиПавлChamNyloUppeBookВороРаскNOKINOKI
NOKIGeneвыруHomeДаникнижWindkBitburnGold1953PankMPEGtuchkasБаламузы

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:55 am 

Mari

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:56 am 

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:57 am 

Bett