Change font size

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Idea] DayZ server?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 pm 

Hey all,

I recently got Arma 2: Combined Ops and installed the DayZ mod. It's a great mod, lots of people are playing it all of the time. It's a very intense game, I love it, it's so addicting. Maybe we should start a server? I dunno. Just a thought.

Post subject: Re: [Idea] DayZ server?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:40 pm 
TBU Owner

Will have to see, beeing this close to getting the MC server it may be a bit before adding another.

Soon I will have the donations page up, at that point we can see abou tadding others once we see how that goes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 am 
TBU Retired Owner

OK Eldar. I can give you a few reasons why this is a bad idea.

1. This game is a bandwidth hog! Can easily take more than 4 to 6gb a month.
2. You have to ask permission to even host a server from the mod owners.
3. You have to also allow connection to there user server.
4. If there server goes down, so does your server. Not that it goes down a lot just saying.
5. The nail in the coffin for most. YOU CANT KICK OR BAN A PLAYER! Even if he is a ass, Greifing, RDM, etc.
They can go complain on there forums to get you shut down. Which is bullshit.

This was the main reason why I never set one up. I not sure if they ever changed this. But from what I've seen they haven't.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:01 am 

Met is right about those things but remember it was just an idea xD nothing serious.

EDIT: Although you are definitely able to kick and ban players... just as long as you do it for actual reasons like if they are hacking or something etc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:15 am 
TBU Retired Owner

Never meant to imply that, but if you do. And some asshole on the other end agrees with the ass you kicked, or banned. Then your server becomes useless.
Which to me is bullshit. These servers can be a lot of work to keep up and running. Then to have some one tell you what to do with it is crap.

Also one of the bigger reasons I wont play the dayz mod. Is from griefing fags. That don't care if the run up and suicide you, and you loss a week of work.
There is no way a admin can do any thing. Unless the guy is hacking. That to me is crap. I don't mind a fresh start every once and a while, but only on my terms. :D

Not saying the mod is crap. Just it's silly restrictions. When those are gone. I will play it hands down.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 pm 

The way the DayZ team handles server reporting is basically this.

If someone complains they have to talk to the admin of the server they are complaining about first before they even report the server on their forum. Then if they still feel like they have to complain they go to the forums. But believe me, they are tired of asshats trying to ruin people's servers, they make it very clear to people to not report a server without a reason, and just one person's word without factual evidence won't get them any action taken against the server they're complaining about.

So you have to be doing something really abusive, like kicking players so that only your clan can play and farm resources to gain an advantage. That sort of stuff they won't tolerate. But if an admin is enforcing a rule on his/her server and he/she kicks an ass for breaking that rule (of course if the rule does not conflict with the DayZ rules), there's basically nothing that the ass can do about it. Same goes for people that are hacking. Like said.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm 

I'd be all for a DayZ server, but i don't have a computer that can rum Arma :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:23 pm 

If you cant run the game why would you even care if we had a server for it? Sometimes i think you just post to post lol.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:28 pm 

I'm saying that id like to play dayz, but i can't because i dont have a computer to play it on. You know that you dont have to be an ass, right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:39 pm 
TBU Retired Owner

TombRaiderJake wrote:
I'm saying that id like to play dayz, but i can't because i dont have a computer to play it on. You know that you dont have to be an ass, right?

He means you want Eldar to start up a DayZ server, and you>
1. Don't own the game.
2. Can't even play the game.
So Yeah I can see what were he is coming from, but we already know he's a ass. So what's new. :roll:
This is a very pointless thread any ways. Eldar does not have the time nor the funds to host this costly server. :(
Yes I even taken in the account if he could host from his system. But therein lie's the problem as I've stated before. :x
"Not worth the pain it would take to host it" :x
If Eldar wants to host from his machine and go through the problems to do so. Then that's up to him.

Locking Thread since this is going nowhere. And what needed to be stated has been.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next