Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 24   [ 239 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Ban Request for Comrade Hoffman
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:47 am 

Server: US 1994
Date: July 8, 2013
Time: 9:30ish eastern
Offender (alleged): Comrade Hoffman - for teleport/gear hacking

Description: I was far up in the north and came up on Comrade Hoffman swapping loot between vehicles. I engaged and killed him. He had NVG's, a G17, Etools, and other miscellaneous tools as well as a British assault backpack. No more than 2 minutes later, as I was checking his body and the vehicles, I was fired upon by what sounded like a G17, I slipped behind some trees and circled around and killed my attacker. Low and behold it was Comrade Hoffman... again. Literally, no more than 2 minutes later. I checked his body and to my surprise he had the same gear listed above, NVG, G17, British Assault Backpack etc.

I'm still fairly new to the game (only having had played a little over a month now) so I don't know what can be done exactly but I just wanted to bring this to the admins attention. I had a similar event with someone named AlexEH or something to that regard but he (from what I have read) force logged after getting shot several times to prevent himself from dieing a second time as I had just killed him minutes before. I couldn't verify however as I did not get the kill.

One concern I have, is that I did log out with some of the gear I had looted from Comrade Hoffman's corpse after the first incident, including the NVG's and etools. I don't know if I will be flagged or anything in respects to this and what can be done.

Thanks for your time and sorry for the lengthy post.

Post subject: Re: Ban Request for Comrade Hoffman
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 am 

We will look into the player you are reporting. When you killed this player, what kill message did you see? Pick from the two below:

1, "Comrade Hoffman was killed"
2, "Comrade Hoffman was killed by Ascension (Friendly Fire)"

And when you killed him the second time, did he return after that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:57 am 

The first time I killed him the message was definitely: #2. "Comrade Hoffman was killed by Ascension (Friendly Fire)" as that was the first time I have seen that and I assumed it was because it was my first non-bandit kill and I wasn't shot at first and he didn't have time to respond. As for the second time I believe it was #1. "Comrade Hoffman was killed", as I noted the name and immediately wrote it down.

I watched the player log in screen after the second incident and he did log back in but I didn't see him. I did state in direct communication (assuming that he was relatively close again) that I was going to report him for hacking when I saw he was active after the second incident. He logged off shortly after my statement. Whether or not my direct communication and his logging out had any direct correlation, I can't say. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:19 am 

On a side note, I looked up the friendly fire message, my understanding is that it is there to protect you from logging in and getting killed and others have stated it appears when you kill a hacker. Feel free to correct me if my interpretation is wrong.

To clarify the time frame; this wasn't a couple of seconds ordeal from start to finish. He had definitely not just logged in as I had made my way over to his position from seeing him from across the water. As I got close he had rode off on a boat and a few minutes later I saw him coming back, get out of the boat and head for a ATV by a tree when I engaged him the first time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:43 am 

I cannot confirm whether or not the player was hacking based solely on kill messages, but your information does help. If you had seen the friendly fire message the first time you killed him, and he had been logged into the server for a period of time before hand, it could suggest he was hacking. However this could be an isolated issue which is not impossible, and he could have somehow wound up spawning back where he died. If you managed to kill him a second time and the death message appeared normally that suggests that he could be a legitimate player.

I have looked through every server log searching for evidence to suggest player Comrade Hoffman was hacking. I have found none that could suggest he was hacking at the time.

Keep in mind that I can and will still temporarily ban his IP / GUID until he appeals here and tells his story (which, if he bases on my server, I'm sure he'll do).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:08 am 

If this is by chance some sort of isolated issue, than I apologize for the inconvenience. This is just the second time something similar has happened to me in Dayz in the past week and a half on this server. This time I just happened to be better prepared to document the name. So I thought it better safe than sorry to share what happened.

Thanks for your response and your time :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:06 pm 

Created an account here to defend myself. What occurred between myself and Ascension was something I have never encountered before.

I was transferring some high tier loot I had stumbled upon in a cluster of tents down south to an ATV I had stashed up north. I was making several trips as I couldn't carry it all and did not expect to run into anybody in such a remote location and my greed causing me to not even carry a primary weapon to make it easier to transfer guns between containers, when I was shot while in the gear menu manipulating some things in my backpack while on my way to the ATV. I did notice the chat roll message said killed by friendly fire, but I didn't think anything of it as the death screen came up so I aborted out and logged back in hoping to be able to make it to that camp to grab some more gear before I logged for the night. To my bewilderment when I loaded I still had my glock equipped and soon realized I was back where I had died and saw Ascension digging through my vehicle and without thinking too much about it opened fire. I missed and he took off into the dark, without a primary weapon I decided to run for it but he was able to kill me a second time. Honestly, I'm glad I didn't kill him as it would of been pretty unfair and I deserved to die for being so careless even though it was embarrassing. That time I died like normal and logged in to make sure I didn't have the same thing happen again which it didn't so I logged out for the night.

So yeah well done Ascension and enjoy the gear, its all legit as far as I know unless the tent owners hacked it in as they had some pretty ridiculous loot in high numbers. I don't normally play on US 1994 (I would be if I had survived that night) but I would like to be unbanned as I've never hacked or know how to.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:44 am 

Thanks for telling your side of the story. You have been unbanned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:00 am 

Sorry for your inconvenience Comrade Hoffman. It was an odd situation given the circumstances and seeing as something similar had occurred with me a week earlier, I assumed you were using some sort of hack. My apologies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:18 am 

No problem at all, I probably would have done the same had that happened to me. Tried to reply to your private message but it said I hadn't posted here enough to do that. I would be willing to team up sometime if we're both on at the same time but I'll be unable to play much these next couple weeks. PM me your Steam or Play With Six name or whatever you use and I'll add you.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 24   [ 239 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next