Change font size

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: 1994 BAN MARCH 19th
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:13 pm 

Hello. User Cockroach Cranston here. I have never opened console or editor or whatever the heck you use to cheat or hack in day z.
I have put a lot of hard work into my camp and gear etc. all the old fashioned way.

I fell asleep with DAYZ on last night, and woke up to a screen saying you've been banned.

WHY??? I've never done anything wrong. Nver hacked, i've never killed another player (so i know i havent just pissed someone off)

Please please review footage or the code or the log or what have you. I know for SURE I haven't hacked.

If I unknowingly picked up some hacked Item can you please just delete that instead or something????

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 1994 BAN MARCH 19th
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:38 pm 

Also, I had just returned from NWAF, was standing outside MY 4 tents, and might have looked like I had just hacked myself the perfect loadout, or had just robbed some player senseless- but it's my camp, I got the items all fair and square and I'm sure there's some way you can see that!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:19 pm 

I just investigated your ban, and found that there is no clear evidence of hack-usage. But however, I did see your game client creating a massive amount of STANAG SD mags, along with SVD mags.

Care to explain how you acquired so much ammo?

EDIT: I did a little more digging, and found evidence of hack-usage. You were kicked off for Script Restriction #40, and that cannot be triggered by legitimate players. Your ban will not be lifted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 pm 

Yes. Outside of NWAF there were 3!!!! Crashed helis. One had one of those ammo box things that had more SVD ammo than I could carry. As for the STANAG, same box-dealy was in one of the hangars?? or south barracks?? don't remember but it was there. There were 2 SVD Camos located at one of the crash sites. As for the Backpack that i was wearing when i was banned THAT WAS NOT THERE WHEN I LOGGED ELSEWHERE, it had an MP5sd in it that I had bandits body several days ago. I had arranged my character at my tents such that I was carrying the guns for which ammo was in the tents, and I was carrying the ammo for the guns that were in the tents. As you can imagine, when I re-logged, I was completely fucked!

I hope this explanation goes a long way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 pm 

What is script 40????? I do not hack!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 pm 

Are there any ways I could have come into contact with this script without hacking?? I positively don't know how man.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm 

I've also never, ever encountered a functioning vehicle. If I could hack, im sure I would have at least conjured myself a bicycle by now!
Please believe me, I'm rather distraught.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:31 pm 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH I just ate a MRE that I was carrying at the time of my ban, and it has said 'Kicked- Script 40'
I relogged, and It was still in my inventory. I've dropped it. Could that have been it? It gave me a message about script 40

EDIT: My friend who has been playing dayz for longer than I have has suggested that somebody spawned in those crash sites, that there would never be 3 in close proximity, and that everything I looted from those choppers [or perhaps all but one 'real' chopper] was part of the hacked-in stuff.
He seemed confident but I just really don't know about these sorts of things.
Does that make any sense?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 pm 

Do not spam posts! Next time consolidate your thoughts into one, single post.

A sniper ammunition box with SVD mags is a possible find, rare, but yes, it is possible, and yes, it does spawn at heli crash sites.

And yes, 3 heli crash sites near each other is possible. I've seen things like this.

Script Restriction #40 is a damage restriction that cannot be triggered by a legitimate player. We've owned the server for months and we've been running 1.7.6.1 since the day it came out and eating an MRE does not cause this error to occur.

Sorry, but a damage restriction has absolutely nothing to do with eating food. We eat MRE's every day and don't get kicked. Your ban will not be lifted.

Topic locked.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]