Change font size

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Banned unfairly for a week
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 am 

Today i got on the server after not playing for quite a while (computer issues) and decided to check out one of my favorite servers. I logged on (Username was Christmas ethersaur, changed it to Cpt.Leon a while after joining) and noticed my stuff was gone, which i attributed to some kind of wipe.

So i started scavenging with a friend and he got banned for a day for saying "You fools, you'll crash the server!" after they had crashed the server 2 times changing the maps manually. I continued scavenging so i could actually get a base set up when a storm hit and i hid in spawn. While this was all happening an antlion guard as attacking the little town and killed me, i asked the only person near it not to take my stuff (Later found out it was hound). He did not listen. So i ran after him and killed him and got my resources back. I offered to give the gun back over voice, but he must not have heard me because he walked away. About 5 minutes later i was teleported and frozen by Zante, who started accusing me of prop spamming, RDM, and using OOC incorrectly. I was completely guilty of the OOC abuse, i had asked if anyone was selling a battery charger. The claim that i was prop spamming was ludicrous, as i hadn't even spawned a single prop since i had been on the server. The RDM one was iffy because it was technically a revenge kill, which according to zante from an earlier dispute is ok. As i tried to defend myself by providing evidence (he claimed i was buying AR-2 rounds in OOC instead of a battery charger after i said i offered to give the gun back) he simply said "you broke to many rules bye" and banned me for a week without so much as a chance to defend myself or explain fully what had happened.

He also claimed i was mocking him for saying "absolutely disgusting" (which is a meme i use with my friend and can be seen here http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 626171.jpg). He said "stop making fun of what i am saying" and then immediately kicked me. The whole thing was after he saw my friends spray, which is a brony spray. He said it was "inappropriate" and "disgusting", which is completely untrue.

I really feel like zante is abusing his power here and would like to at least have my ban shortened and zante investigated. I used to play on this server a lot and had a lot of fun with the admins, but zante is definitely abusing his power in this case.

My steam ID is: STEAM_0:1:5580475

Post subject: Re: Banned unfairly for a week
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:06 am 

Okay just need to correct something,

Quote:
So i started scavenging with a friend and he got banned for a day for saying "You fools, you'll crash the server!" after they had crashed the server 2 times changing the maps manually.

The attempt to change the map manually did not cause the crash, I can guarantee that much, as well as the fact that we only tried to change the map manually once. I would know this because I was the one who was trying to change the map. Concerning the ban(s), all admins( including myself) were supposed to start going by another punishment system in which would first have a Kick, Dayban, Weekban, and then finally a permaban. So its obvious that they did not follow the ban guidelines.

Regarding the RDM concern, as you said a revenge kill is allowed, so I do not believe there was any reason for that to be taken into consideration regarding the ban IF what you said was true. IF you asked the person face to face to give back your stuff and they do not then I would consider that an reasonable excuse to kill then even if it was not a revenge kill.
Concerning the part where your stuff was taken IF you said it in OOC then that would have been the incorrect use of OOC.
Regarding your friends spray could we please have a link to that so that we can also take that into consideration.
In the end concerning the ban length it should have followed the procedure of the punishment system and I believe the ban should be no longer than a day.

*Also a quick note on all your stuff being wiped, when the Gmod 13 update was put in place and PNRP switched to a new system player data was not kept and everyone lost everything, mainly because it was too much data to transfer over to the new system (if I am correct).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:40 am 

Sorry, it crashed at the exact same time as you changing the server so i assumed that is what caused it.

To clarify, i asked him not to take it, but he took it. Then i asked him to give it back and he ran. That's about the time i killed him.

The OOC abuse was me asking if anyone was selling a battery charger.

Here is a screenshot of the spray that zante called "disgusting" and told my friend to remove: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558 ... D774346C6/

Even without the abuse hes a very mean person. He kicks and bans for jokes and even threatens to kick people for disagreeing with him. This kind of behavior is NOT suitable for an admin and the sooner his attitude is adjusted the better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 pm 

So I'm about a month late on this, and it seems no one ever really took a look at it, but I was there for part of this and heard zante talking about it.

So your friend, he said something different about crashing the server, I believe a friend of his was kicked for some other reason, and he says something, it's been a while so I don't remember, but it was at least an idiotic and annoying reply, and at most a threat to crash the server. As a server admin, I don't care how you meant it, a threat of crashing the server is serious and I don't go easy on those who do so.

As for you, I was off and on during this session, but all of your messages I read made you come off as a complete ass and purposely trying to tick off zante.

And you did indeed mock him twice after he said what you sprayed was "absolutely disgusting". Which he's allowed to have his opinions like the rest of us, and granted it wasn't super nice of him, you were not punished for having the spray. However, being an asshole and mocking him was included in your eventual ban.

I'm trying to remain unbiased, and I was only here for half the argument, but you, to me, came off as a pretty big asshole.

I'm closing this thread because of how long it's been, I doubt anyone is still angry about this or has any clear memories or evidence about it anyways.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]