Change font size

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: List of bugs/problems and exploits
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:25 pm 

I have observed quite a few problematic things playing pnrp such as bugs, glitches, and exploits, so I thought I should list them. First though, I want to make it clear that this post is in no way intended to be a complaint thread, but a list of things I believe deserve the attention of the gamemode's developers.

Known bugs/odd glitches
    -Items dropped from a car inventory spawn in the car and tend to be catapulted to sometimes very far away places if the car is moved. Maybe make the shipments spawn outside the car's body or just make item boxes not collide with the car its spawned from.
    -Cars occasionally spawn with a glitched owner state where it displays having owner "none" and the car's inventory cannot be accessed, but when trying to re own it it actually changes ownership to world and the own key has to be pressed again. This could easily result in other people claiming the car while its owner fixes the glitch
    -(this one is very well known) Turrets can become stuck in the alarm state when certain unknown conditions are met, it can usually be fixed by a player damaging the turret to make it start thinking again, but its not surefire.
    -(intentional?) Context menu options such as setting skin and bodygroup do not work on any entities.
    -(also intentional?) The knife weapon has fairly poor hit detection as often clear hits either do not cause damage or make a sound (lag?), also its reach is so short that players have to do things like physically push into an npc and/or crouch to get a hit, or in the case of the guardian, only a perfectly aimed hit on the legs or other outstanding features like its head will give a good chance of a hit.
    -Most tools cannot be used directly on crafted vehicles and instead have to be placed on the ground then attached using a tool that works, also advanced pod controllers cannot be linked to them.
    -Combine soldiers can drop glitched ammo (usually smg) which displays as having a count of zero but can still be picked up into inventory, but it has to be un-glitched to be usable.
    -Combine also tend to spawn under displacements allowing them to freely shoot whatever is on it without being attacked. This combined with their high damage output basically renders an area unusable until an admin intervenes.
    -the distance based voice chat can cause voices to be choppy when it rapidly toggles other players being audible.
    -trying to crack open a locked item like a stockpile or storage locker when its either empty or already removed doesn't make the progress bar disappear.

Exploits

Most of the other bugs I have found can be "exploited" to varying degrees, going from occasional opportunities for gain, to extremely profitable ones that can basically give a player infinite power. Therefore I will only send the list via private message to any admin who asks so they cannot be viewed on here by players and heavily used before they can be fixed.

I hope this can be of use to the coders in order to make the gamemode more stable.

Post subject: Re: List of bugs/problems and exploits
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 pm 
TBU Owner

All bugs and suggestions need to be posted on the PoNukeRP forums.

Any bugs or suggestions here will not be added to our list of things to look at.

http://radioactivecricket.com/forums/index.php
Or you can use the forums link at http://postnukerp.com
The link is also in the wiki, linked on the main TBU site, and several other areas.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:36 am 

Someone told me that there is an infinite ammo glitch and and experience glitch.
pnrp_dropammo SMG1 (Ammount)
pnrp_sc (drops combine)
I tested these out and they work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:40 am 
TBU Owner

Fixed, but two things.
1) Bugs and suggestions need to go on the Dev forums not the TBU forums.
2) And exploits like this need to be PMed to me and not posted so everyone can see and use them.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]